When a potential customer considers purchasing a licence for your software, they naturally concern themselves with the issues of maintenance and continued technical support – your ability to continue to provide good service. Most end-users would not sign a license agreement without allaying these concerns, choosing instead to buy software from a larger organisation that represents a lower risk to their business.
If you were to go out of business or no longer provide support, the risks to your potential customer’s business is too high – not to mention the risk of litigation to you. Implementing a source code escrow arrangement reduces your customers risk and increases the reasons to buy your software.
Harbinger provides source code escrow services. The service is a goodwill gesture on your part that acts like an insurance policy for your clients. They would be granted access to certain materials – under specific circumstances that you determine – that would enable them to continue to operate.
As a software vendor, you can put your potential clients at ease and gain their confidence by offering escrow protection upfront.
- Level the playing field – offering escrow allows you to provide the same level of confidence and trust that a customer would expect from a larger software vendor
- Shorten the sales process –having an existing escrow arrangement in place avoids legal complications
- Build strong relationships – by implementing an escrow arrangement you establish the credibility of your business and help to establish trust
- Safeguard your customer’s investment – provides customers with comfort that the tangible value of your software to your customer’s business is protected
- Your choice of either standard or tailored escrow agreements
- Fast service establishment – 24 hours for standard agreements
- A secure online escrow management system
- Compliance and lodgement activity monitoring
- Active AlertsTM that prompts you when an escrow lodgement is due
- Online and telephone support
- Software agreement, contract and procurement advice
- Software risk management consulting
- Software verification services
- Lodgement auditing services